Connecticut has Citizens’ Review Panels (CRPs):
- The State Advisory Council (SAC) consists of 19 members who are appointed by the Governor (click here for more information), and
- Family Council CRPs that are overseen by FAVOR
CRPs are comprised of citizen volunteers who are authorized by law to evaluate the extent to which the agencies are effectively discharging their child protection responsibilities in accordance with the State of Connecticut’s Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) plan, child protection standards, and other criteria the panel considers important including (a) child protective services coordination with foster care and adoption and (b) review of child protective services cases. Panels are authorized to hold public hearings, and have reasonable access to public and private facilities receiving public funds to provide child welfare services within the panel jurisdictions.
Eastern Family Council CRP
Represents communities on the eastern side of state, including DCF Region 3 (Middletown, Norwich, Willimantic), DCF Region 4 (Hartford, Manchester), and DCF Region 3 (Meriden, New Britain).
- Alana Jones (Chair), Region 3
- Quiana Peralta (Vice Chair), Region 3
- Jill Long, Region 3
Western Family Council CRP
Represents communities on the western side of the state, including DCF Region 1 (Bridgeport, Norwalk), DCF Region 2 (Milford, New Haven), and DCF Region 5 (Danbury, Torrington, Waterbury).
- Pastor Pamela Hughes (Chair), Region 5
- Yolanda Stinson, Region 1
- Natine Haley, Region 2
- Maureen O’Neill-Davis, Region 5