All parents and guardians of children with mental and behavioral health challenges need hope. The “Honoring Opportunities for Personal Development” (HOPE) Learning Collaborative provides the infrastructure to guide and mentor family champions who are interested in developing their leadership and peer support skills.
- Supports the development of leadership and workforce opportunities for parent/caregivers who have completed parent leadership trainings e.g., PLTI, PEP, NOC-AOT, Partners in Policymaking
- Opportunities to help other parent leaders organize community projects
- Regional meetings and monthly support groups
- Individual mentoring
Assists parent/caregivers who are interested in becoming certified peer support providers in children’s mental health by offering them:
- Supervised field experience
- Trainings that foster key competencies of peer support
- Assistance in record-keeping that needed for certification
For more information contact: Jenny Bridges at Jbridges@favor-ct.org.