All parents and guardians of children with mental and behavioral health challenges need hope. The Learning & Leadership Academy provides the infrastructure to guide and mentor family champions who are interested in developing their leadership and peer support skills.
- Supports the development of leadership and workforce opportunities for parent/caregivers who have completed parent leadership trainings e.g., PLTI, PEP, NOC-AOT, Partners in Policymaking
- Opportunities to help other parent leaders organize community projects
- Regional meetings and monthly support groups
- Individual mentoring
Assists parent/caregivers who are interested in becoming certified peer support providers in children’s mental health by offering them:
- Supervised field experience
- Trainings that foster key competencies of peer support
- Assistance in record-keeping that needed for certification
For more information contact: Jenny Bridges at Jbridges@favor-ct.org.